Troopers Assisting Troops (TAT) is a grass roots non profit group of retired and active New Jersey State Troopers and friends providing support to returning Wounded Warriors from the Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF)/Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) theaters with local recreational and rehabilitative programs. TAT works closely with, and utilizes the expertise, knowledge and assistance of the Wounded Warrior Project.Org (WWP) of Jacksonville, Florida.
We are a registered 501c(3) nonprofit organization headquartered in New Brunswick, NJ. Our federal ID# for donations is 80-0586838 and our NJ Charities registration number is CH3394400.
TAT first met and formed in early 2009, and soon thereafter commenced on organizing and establishing our first New Jersey based recreation event in September 2009 at Sea Girt, NJ for local returned Wounded Warriors and others from the US Army’s Wounded Warrior Transition Units (WWTU) based in Ft. Drum, NY and Ft. Dix, NJ. WWTU’s are staging areas where recently returned Wounded Warroir’s are temporarily stationed until they are either returned to active duty, or discharged from the military as a direct result of wounds or injuries incurred in theatre.
Last years event was an overwhelming success and took place September 14, 15 and 16th on the NJ Shore, at the NJ National Guard and State Police Training Facility and Barracks. The event was for 3-days, and we proudly hosted 45 Wounded Warriors. Throughout this 3-day event the Wounded Warriors were extended the following:
- Reception/Lunch at the Scarborough Fair, Wall, NJ
- Housing on the NJ Shore (Police Barracks, Sea Girt, NJ)
- Band Concert by the NJ National Guard Band
- Friday evening Reception/BBQ and entertainment by comedian Jeff Norris and the Retro Kings Band
- Saturday Deep Sea Fishing/Boat rides- off the Manasquan Inlet
- NJ State Police SWAT Team demonstration/display of equipment
- Lunch at the Belmar Fishing Club/Massages. Veteran Administration Benefit Counseling
- Evening Southern BBQ/Entertainment by Jeff Pirrami and Jersey Shore Band
- Sunday morning services and breakfast at the Manasquan Elks- late morning departure (with box lunch) to WWTU’s
We need your support by providing TAT with monetary donations to defray the costs associated with Warrior transportation, food, and supplies.All donations (checks) should be made out to:
Troopers Assisting Troops
16 Jason Drive
Spring Lake, NJ 07762
Attention: Joe Sarnecky, Treasurer
On Saturday, December 13, the radio station Thunder 106 is hosting a fundraiser for TAT at the Brick Plaza on the corner of Chambersbridge Road and Route 70 near the Pet Smart store.
Troopers Assisting Troopers sponsors its first service dog. More Info
TAT provides home remodel for a veteran. More Info
Troopers Assisting Troops supports K9s For Warriors. Learn more and see how you can help.
2013's event was a huge success, and we would like to thank all of our supporters, sponsors, and everyone who made this possible.
45 Wounded Warriors attended from Ft. Drum, NY.
Shop Troopers Assisting Troops